JOSEPH A. EDGAR INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (3-5)
525 Route 25A
Rocky Point, NY 11778
Phone: (631) 744-1600
Fax: (631) 744-4898
Principal: Mrs. Linda Greening
Assistant Principal: Mr. Benjamin Paquette
Hours: 8:15 AM - 2:35 PM
Report It Link (code rpjae)
Dear JAE Families,
JAE really “W.A.R.M.ed” up the month of January with the “We are Reading More” program. It was a wonderful month -long event that encouraged and celebrated reading led by Ms. DiGiovanni and supported by the RPPTA.
We are confident that Kindness Week, beginning on February 12th will warm our hearts, and the Kids Heart Challenge will keep us moving on the long, cold days of February.
Although it is a short month, there are a lot of things taking place at JAE this month! Please check out JAE’s upcoming events for the month of February:
- February 1st- February 7th- “Soup”er Bowl of Caring- (please bring in non-perishable food items to donate to a local food charity)
- February 1st- February 29th- Kids Heart Challenge
- February 1st- Health & Safety Committee Meeting- DO Lg. Conf. Room- 3pm
- February 5th- Harlem Wizards Assembly
- February 5th- Budget Forum #1- HS Auditorium 6pm
- February 5th- Board of Education Meeting- High School Auditorium- 7pm
- February 14th- Shared Decision Making Meeting- 3pm
- February 12th-16th- Kindness Week
- Monday- “Kickoff to Kindness Week”- Wear your favorite Team gear!
- Tuesday- “Crazy for Kindness”- Crazy clothes, socks, or hair day!
- Wednesday- “Peace, Love, and Kindness”- Wear red or Valentine’s Day clothes
- Thursday- “Dreaming of Kindness”- Pajama Day or Comfy Cozy Clothing
- Friday- “Kindness/ Spirit Wear”- Wear shirts with kindness messages or show school spirit!
- February 19th- President's Day
- February 19th-23rd- Mid-Winter Recess- School Closed
Eagle POWER Students of the Month for November:
Oliver Delgado Tavares
Music- Lindsey Lange
Technology – Anthony Garcia
Library –Ava Edge
Physical Education – Kaitlin Neligon & Marco Esposito
Art – Kate O’Brien
STEAM - Sezer Karatepe
Mr. Giannetto - Sophia Molinaro
Ms. Smokler - AIS Reading - Landon Ryan
Ms. Smokler - AIS Math - Devin McMahon
We would like to recognize our Artist of the Month as well:
5th Grade: Cooper Owens, Jaileen Gomez, Isabella Guido, Liliana Gomez
4th Grade: Emma Christiansen, Ilaria Campanella, Milo Hinst
3rd Grade:Evan Riggs, Ella Polzella
Honorable Mention Runner Ups:
5th Grade: Taylor Bruce, Paige Houck, Mariel Solano, Riley Crowe, Caleb Casserly, Elizabeth Lennihan, Kayden Puckey
4th Grade: Thomas Barton, Catherine Van Horne, Dina Gomez-Ramirez, Emma Wurm, Christopher Lambert, Chase Molinaro
3rd Grade: Anthony Buonconsiglio, Aliyah Rebecchi, Michael Scanlan, Keria Atanasio, Dylan Johnson, Victoria Savage, Luca Picarella, Gabriel Steigerwald, Sophia Molinaro
With Valentine’s Day just over a week away, we wanted to remind you about goody bags and/or treat bags. According to the district wellness policy we may not distribute any goody bags/treat bags during the school day if they contain ANY food items. If you choose to send in goody/treat bags for Valentine’s Day please remember that, according to district policy, they cannot contain any food items. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
As it continues to be cold outside, we wanted to take a moment to remind families to make sure students are dressed to participate in outdoor recess and/or physical education. Please make sure students come to school with their coats, gloves, and hats, as we will be going outside as often as we can. We also ask that all clothing and accessories be labeled with your child’s name so that misplaced items can be returned.
Thank you for all you do for our community, and for making JAE such a wonderful place to be.
Mrs. Linda Greening, JAE Principal
Mr. Benjamin Paquette, JAE Assistant Principal